JAK have been involved in the supply of infection control products for a number of years, including the supply partnership with Lanxess Ltd, who manufacture Virkon™ Professional and Sanivet2™
Information from JAK about their services
Having considered customer requirements carefully it was concluded that there was still considerable confusion amongst veterinary practices regarding the types of chemistry in disinfectants, and JAK are able to offer advice on the current disinfectants available to them and how to use them correctly and safely.
We also realised that a number of practices were swabbing surfaces then applying the swabs to agar plates in an effort to try to detect contamination, this process can be improved by a better quantitative test. We looked at several options and found each had their drawbacks but have very recently started using ‘dipslides’ which are essentially plastic agar plates mounted on a slide which is exposed directly onto a surface. We consider that this method will provide a more sustainable value for any viable bacteria and coliforms which may be present on surfaces within a practice. By giving a quantifiable result in the test a practice can measure their ongoing performance against benchmarks and lead to improvements in hygiene protocols.
We provide not only product and services but we also have links with specialists throughout the industry that we may call upon to assist us in answering any queries that you may have,
- Disinfection – working with Antec Ltd. provides access to the latest disinfectant technology including Virkon™ Professional and Sanivet2™
- Practice Hygiene Test Kits – a reliable, quantitative, affordable dipslide based test is available to routinely monitor contamination levels in practice premises
- Wound dressings – a range of Manuka honey based products are available to use as an alternative to pharmaceutical options
- Personal protective products – everything from mob caps to drapes, a head to patient solution provider
- Infection control hardware – from Prestige autoclaves to floor cleaning equipment
Want to know more?
You can browse JAK’s current catalogue of products on their website by visiting jakmarketing.co.uk